Fuschia is one of the skin care brand that has been raved about by bloggers and skin care enthusiasts and yes they have amazing products to offer. Fuschia was kind enough to send me few products last month and yes I write about these products once I’ve tried them for over a period of 3 weeks. So let’s get started about this little pot of goodness 🙂
It is a skin care brand launched from the house of Vkare BioSciences in 2013. The motto of Vkare Biosciences is “We Care” and I must say they definitely have taken that seriously when it comes to their customer’s needs and requirements.
Natural ingredients form the base of their products which work gently on the skin.The whole range of Fuschia products is free from harsh chemicals like parabens, synthetic fragrances (essential oils are used in fuschia products ), SLS(Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) & other chemicals.
Fuschia has grown as a natural, handmade skincare products brand and is almost the dominating brand in the category of natural products. Their products are free from SLS and paraben.
About the Garden Lavender Day Cream:
Price: It retails at Rs.350 for 30gm of product and Rs.525 for 50gm of product.
The company offers discounts on products during certain periods and at present it retails at Rs.450 (Go Grab Your Bottle )
Shelf Life: 24 months
Packaging: This foot cream comes in a glass jar with an gold color aluminium cover top which makes it look quite worth the money! The price and details about the brand are at the base of the product. The sticker on top of the cover gives the name and the ingredients of the product.
Ingredients: Lavender Oil, Jojoba Oil, Wheat Germ Oil, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Kokum Butter, Carrot Seed oil
Fragrance: Lavender Fragrance
Consistency: Thick yet non-greasy on the skin
Colour: The cream is lavender in colour
What The Product Claims:
“Infused with 100% vegetarian & natural ingredients which rejuvenate & keep your skin supple, light & radiant. Lavender ( lavandula angustifolia ) oil fights acne & prevents fine lines on skin. SPF 15 provides UVA & UVB protection”
“For a healthy and refreshing look choose Fuschia – Garden Lavender Day Cream with SPF 15. This comes with optimum quantity of PH value that helps to maintain your skin’s PH levels. Your day cream is also an excellent base for make – up”
“Free of parabens, phthalates, petroleum base, artificial tints & synthetic perfumes. Day cream contains moisturizing elements that keeps your skin hydrated and nourished. You in turn are rewarded with a soft and supple skin”
Tips on Usage of the Product:
- It is best to apply day cream on well cleansed skin, preferably after a bath.
- Apply the day cream on your face and neck with the help of gentle circular motions.
- Choose a cream that suites your skin type (dry, oily, sensitive, normal or combination skin)
- Apply your day cream before putting on your make – up.
My take on the product:
Post application of this Day Cream, one would smell of Lavender. The Cream is a fusion of various oils and kokum butter which gives it the consistency required and just the right amount of oiliness.
The cream feels thick on the skin post application, which is naturally due to the presence of oils, which makes it a little heavy on the skin. But if you have really dry skin, this is the cream that you should be having with you !
I have a combination skin, and I used this cream when the weather was really cold and I needed a good moisturising cream to go on my face before I apply make-up or just to moisturise my skin post a shower. This cream worked well for me during the winter.
In the summers, I would prefer a gel based product for my skin or any product which is more hydrating on my skin, as my skin tends to get oily pretty soon! Even if i use this day cream before i put on the make-up, I need to let the cream sink in for a good 15minutes and am good to go. But once you step out, the skin may get a little oily as the base cream is heavy.
Also, Let me share a few details on the ingredients used in this day cream and their benefits:
|1. Carrot seed oil: Carrot seed oil is beneficial in lightening the skin tone and to even out the patchy blemished skin. Not only this, this oil has antiseptic, antioxidant and antibacterial properties.
2. Jojoba oil: It closely resembles sebum, a waxy substance produced by our skin glands, so it can act as a natural skin conditioner. It has nearly replaced animal fats in the manufacture of skin lotions and creams. It seals in the moisture and creates an effective barrier to external elements. It controls oily skin. It antibacterial properties that help control bacterial growth in the hair follicle. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing the irritated skin.
3. Wheat Germ Oil: The vitamin E in wheat germ oil makes your skin look supple and glowing. This oil helps you to treat dry body skin and make your body skin look healthy, shiny and smooth thanks to vitamin B inn wheat germ oil. It also contains omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidant compounds that help you to slow down the aging process.
Let’s now talk about the Pros and Cons of the jar of Garden Lavender Day Cream.
- It is infused with 100% vegetarian & natural ingredients which rejuvenate & keep your skin supple, light & radiant.
- The product comes in an attractive container
- The 30 gm jar is a good travel size option
- The product has an amazing lavender fragrance
- The consistency is good , especially for those with dry skin, and for those with combination/oily skin, it’s good for winters
- The cream is lightweight and moisturizing
- It has SPF 15 which is amazing
- The product comes with optimum quantity of PH value that helps to maintain your skin’s PH levels
- It is Free of parabens, phthalates, petroleum base, artificial tints & synthetic perfumes
- Could be used on the face as a pre-make-up base.
- It works well for dry skin. People with combination skin and oily skin can use it depending on the change of seasons.
- Won’t be suitable for usage in places where the humidity is at high.
- It comes in a glass jar and is prone to breakage!!! So handle it with care
- A tub packaging lacks hygiene, and no spatula is provided, so you need to get your own spoon or spatula 🙂
Overall, it is a good cream to invest in. If you want a good day cream, those with combination and dry skin can give this one a try. If you have a combination skin, use this cream during winters or if your sure your going to be home for 3-4 hours. Its a good moisturizing cream to use when your at home too! The ones with dry skin, use this cream as and when you wish, as this cream is a good base for make-up, and it is light and hydrating on the skin.
My Rating: 4.5/5
You could purchase the products directly from their website or via the other online shopping portals. I shall attach few links below for you to browse through.
Stalk them on:
Links to few websites where Fuschia products are sold:
Vkare Biosciences: http://www.vkarebiosciences.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=102
Hope the review was helpful!!!!
Many more reviews coming soon!!!
Till then take care!