The word hemp itself raises eyebrows and i guess it already has done the needful here too!!! 🙂 Honestly, I never even thought that hemp could be used in our daily life!! I was surprised when I saw this package amongst the other superfoods and literally wondered what I could do with it!
About the Plant:
Well, as you all already know, hemp is a variety of the Cannabis sativa plant species and is one of the fastest growing plants !
Hemp is used to make a variety of commercial and industrial products including rope, clothes, food, paper, textiles, plastics, insulation and biofuel. Hemp oil from the seeds becomes solid and can be used in the manufacture of oil-based paints, in creams as a moisturizing agent, for cooking, and in plastics (even the Hemp Foot Protector from TheBodyShop is infused with hemp seed oil! ).
Hemp seeds can be eaten raw, ground into a meal, sprouted, or made into dried sprout powder. The leaves of the hemp plant can be consumed raw in salads. Hemp can also be made into a liquid and used for baking or for beverages such as hemp milk, hemp juice, and tea.
About Sorich Organics Raw Hemp Seeds (Unhulled/Unshelled/Whole): The brand needs no introduction and if you want to know more about it, Click Here.
Quantity: 100gm (Available in 200gm, 400gm and 900gm)
Shelf Life: 18 months
The seeds come in airtight, resealable, recyclable paper bags. The package has the brand name and the superfood name on the front of the pack. On the other side of the package it provides information about the product, ingredients, information on how to use the product, Allergy information, Nutritional information, Certification marks, net weight, manufactured date and MRP. It also has the symbol indicating the products are vegetarian.
The seeds in the package are of good quality and the packaging definitely did its job well.
I was unaware about the benefits and uses of Raw hemp seeds and hence did a little search on these seeds, so that I could share the same with all of you and I hope this helps you as well. I just popped a few of these seeds into my mouth, and they tasted good! You can buy them on Amazon India and for brand information you could check their website SorichOrganics. If its out of stock you could get in touch with the team and they would definitely help you out 🙂
Benefits of Raw Hemp Seeds:
- Raw Hemp seeds are generally considered as one of the oldest and most versatile crops. It is a natural blend of Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and Vitamin E among various other minerals.
- They have the most concentrated balance of proteins, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes combined with a relative absence of sugar, starches and saturated fats. Hemp Seeds are one of nature’s perfect foods – a Superfood.
- They are more digestible protein than meat, whole eggs, cheese, human milk, cows milk or any other high protein food.
- Raw hemp seeds can be eaten by those unable to tolerate nuts, gluten, lactose or sugar; there are no known allergies to hemp foods.
- Most health organizations agree that the human body needs a 3 or 4:1 balance of omega 6 over omega 3. Hemp seed is the only seed where this ideal balance occurs. It does not occur in flax, almond, walnut, soybean or olive oil.
How to use raw Hemp seeds:
Raw hemp seeds van be eaten raw, roasted and also ground to be mixed in food or sprinkled on various fruit shakes and vegetable soups. They can also be eaten with cereals (I would be trying this soon )!
For recipes check the below links:
Hope this post helps you with your questions on hemp seeds and how to use them.. Let me know if you want to know how I used these seeds in my diet.
Keep reading, keep snacking healthy!
(http://www.purehealingfoods.com/hempHeartsInfo.php) and wikipedia.