Hi guys!!! been a while since I’ve raved about few products :D! Just Kidding 🙂 But yes, here I am , back with a few back to back reviews on the products that I’ve been using of late in my shower, skin care etc. So yes, I thought I would share my views on the products so that you could go ahead and purchase them or avoid purchasing them.
I had posted my shower essentials on Instagram. Now if you aren’t following me there,go ahead and follow me: SonaliMendonsa , ‘cos I give mini reviews out there and i think those might help you out as well. I also review restaurants, food, skin care, makeup etc, in fact i review the things that I invest on as I am sure many of you would like a second opinion before you go and splurge on the products ( I do that even now, I look upto some of my favourite youtubers for their opinions )
I simply love the products from The Body Shop and they have always fascinated me with their new launches, and the ingredients used and the needs they cater to. So I always look forward to their new launches and cant resist the urge to splurge a little on these goodies. But yes, The Body Shop is very kind to skin care addicts like me and comes up with the Flat 50% off on certain products on their online store, and I managed to grab this Shower Gel and many more products at half the original price.
So, let me begin about the product that has been a part of my shower essentials : The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel.
The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel claims to:
Lather up with richly foaming, non-drying cleansing for your shower, enriched with Community Fair Trade Argan oil from Morocco.
Price: Rs. 425 (currently available at a discounted price of Rs.345)
Quantity: 250 ml
Packaging: All shower gels of The Body Shop come in sturdy transparent plastic bottle with a flip top cap which makes it easy to dispense the product on a loofah or your palm.The Consistency of the shower gel is medium which can be easily poured.
Shelf Life: 2 years
Fragrance: The shower gel has a woody, yet sweet and very mild fragrance. Not a fragrance that makes one feel like getting rid of the product or the person smellling of the product ;p
My Experience with The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel:
The Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel smells soothing and is quite different from the range of shower gels that The Body Shop has (Satsuma, Moringa, Olive,etc. which are more fruity/floral). Argan Oil had stormed the skincare/beauty/makeup industry and I could see and hear Argan oil and its benefits in almost every second product.
Argan Oil on its own has various benefits and let me restrict them to the skin and body:
- Argan oil balances out your skin’s natural oil production and completely transforms your skin, making you look more radiant.
- Its hydrating properties are also great on wrinkles and help to plump up skin.
- It can be used as a daily moisturizer before you layer on your SPF.
- You can use argan oil as a full body moisturizer, applying it just as you would a body lotion or cream. Apply the oil right after you get out of the shower while your skin is still wet for the best moisturizing results.
- Argan oil is a great treatment for your hands, especially on your cuticles and nails if they’re prone to cracking and peeling. Hydrated hands are youthful hands
So now you know why its used in cosmetics, skincare as well as in hair care. And a lot of bloggers raved about all the products that contain Argan Oil, which is quite right, cos don’t we all want to look young? and have radiant skin? and youthful hands? I do.
Back to the shower gel, a little of the product on the loofah lathers up enough for a shower. If you avoid using a loofah you may require 3-4 mid sized dispenses for a shower.
The fragrance lingers in the bathroom for a while post the shower, so the next person to use the bathroom will enter a spa for sure [ you can be sure about that 🙂 ]. The fragrance on the body isn’t long lasting; it may last maximum upto an hour, then body mists would do the trick 🙂 . The fragrance is released upon lathering of the shower gel.
Being a soap free cleanser, it doesn’t dry the skin which is a plus point especially in cities which are hot and humid and you don’t want to use a moisturizer immediately post your shower. A moisturizer could be used post an hour or so, as the moisturizing effect fades away with time.
Overall, A good shower gel that cleanses, makes you smell pleasant and nourishes your skin avoiding the immediate need of moisturizer.
Pros of the Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel:
- It is a soap free cleanser which is the best thing in a shower gel as it moisturizes the skin instead of making it feel dry and dehydrated.
- Mild Woody yet Fruity fragrance.
- Good packaging-simple yet effective.
- A bottle of shower gel can last a month.
- No spill outs while traveling.
- Travel friendly packaging.
- The bottles can be recycled.
- The product isn’t tested on animals.
Cons of the Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel:
- The fragrance isn’t long lasting.
- The pricing of the product makes it fall into the expensive category of skincare (However, keep a watch on the Flat 50% off sale that The Body Shop has on a timely basis. You can save a lot and be the proud owner of their products without crying).
4.8/5 ( Because one needs to wait for the sale to get the product at half the price, and yes, I would prefer the Satsuma Shower Gel over this for its long lasting lingering fragrance)
Would I repurchase The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil Shower Gel? What do I recommend?
Yes, I would if i am looking for a mildly scented shower gel and a soap-free cleanser. Else I would recommend : The Body Shop Satsuma Shower Gel or The Body Shop Olive Shower Gel.
I hope this review answers most of your questions about this product. Incase you have any queries, feel free to post them in the comment sections below. Also let me know what other products from The Body Shop would you want me to review and I would be happy to help.