Fuschia had sent me three products last month, one of which was the Garden Lavender Day Cream (Click to read the review), and the other product is the Under Eye Serum with Cucumber and Green Tea Extracts which I will be reviewing today. I have been using this serum for over a month now post which these are my views on the product.
It is a skin care brand launched from the house of Vkare BioSciences in 2013. The motto of Vkare Biosciences is “We Care” and I must say they definitely have taken that seriously when it comes to their customer’s needs and requirements.
Natural ingredients form the base of their products which work gently on the skin.The whole range of Fuschia products is free from harsh chemicals like parabens, synthetic fragrances (essential oils are used in fuschia products ), SLS(Sodium Lauryl Sulfate) & other chemicals.
Fuschia has grown as a natural, handmade skincare products brand and is almost the dominating brand in the category of natural products. Their products are free from SLS and paraben.
About the product:
Price: It retails at Rs.1250 for 30ml of product. The company offers discounts on products during certain periods and at present it retails at Rs.850 (Go Grab Your Bottle )
Shelf Life: 24 months
Packaging: The serum comes in a simple plastic bottle with a pump, which makes it easier to use only a desired amount of product with no wastage. The sticker around the bottle gives details on the quantity, ingredients,directions to use, shelf life, price and details on the brand.
Ingredients: Cucumber extract, Green Tea extract, Green Coffee bean extract, Aloe Vera, olive Oil Glycereth-8 esters, Vitamin E, Propanediol, Biosaccharide gum-I, Hydrolysed PEA protein, DMDMH (<1%), Carbogol (<1%)
Fragrance: The serum has no fragrance, but you can get a whiff of cucumber , aloe vera and green tea
Consistency: The serum appears to be thick but once you pump out the product, it is quite light and cooling and thinner in consistency.
Colour: The serum has a light tint of green .
What The Product Claims:
- Reduction of under eye puffiness
- Reducing dark circles
- Increases the skin elasticity and firmness
- Lightening of the skin
Directions For Use :
Apply 1-2 drops once or twice a day on the skin around the eyes. Patch test is advised before using the product. Also avoid contact with eyes and rinse thoroughly in case of contact with eyes.
My take on the product:
I used this product for a month and I would mostly use this 1-2 times during the day, as during the night i go in for a little thicker under eye cream.
Now the serum is really cooling due to the ingredients used. I like the consistency of the product as well. Post application of the serum, it instantly gets absorbed into the skin. However ensure you don’t use a lot of product and restrict it to just1-2 drops, as that is sufficient for the skin.
And yes, another reason being my own experience: I had pumped out the serum, a little more than required and instead of wasting it I applied it on the under eye area. Now few ingredients in the product are quite strong and inspite of putting it on the area around the eye, it did create a stinging burning sensation in my eyes and they started to water and I had to rinse it off immediately. So yes, just use 1-2 drops of the product. Using more quantity of the product will just not make the puffiness vanish or the wrinkles reduce!!!! Everything happens over a period of time 🙂 .
Regular use of the product does make the under eye area look better, with a mild reduction in the dark circles , puffiness and the skin feels more firm.
- The serum is cooling, calming and reduces the puffiness.
- The serum comes in a pump bottle which makes it easier to use the product
- The serum has a soothing effect on tired eyes
- Green tea & green coffee beans increase the blood circulation of the under eye skin & thus reduce dark circles. They also have firming & hydrating action on the skin.
- Vitamin E is a powerful anti-oxidant that prevents premature ageing.
- Aloe vera lightens the skin & firms, hydrates & moisturizes the under eye skin.
- Olive oil glycereth -8 ester, is a water soluble derivative of olive oil that heals and soothes the skin.
- Hydrolysed pea protein is rich in amino acids that increase skin elasticity and firmness
- It is a travel friendly pack.
- The ingredients used are natural
- It is Affordable, despite being a natural skin care brand
- It is SLS , Paraben ,chemical free.
- The product is cruelty free and hasn’t been tested on animals
- I didn’t quite like the pump of the bottle, as on using it the product splatters everywhere! I have no idea if all the bottles are like this, or it’s just this one bottle which has a defective pump. This leads to wastage of product .
- They could improvise on the bottle and the pump
My Rating: 4.5/5
Overall, its a good buy for the price, and especially the fact being that the ingredients used are natural!!!
Stalk them on:
You could purchase the products directly from their website or via the other online shopping portals . I shall attach few links below for you to browse through:
Hope the review was helpful!!!!
Many more reviews coming soon on Fuschia products !!!
Till then take care!