I love my shower time and it’s the time I wind up for the day and I love to feel refreshed and relaxed and smell good before I start my day or hit the bed! I am sure all of you guys have your personal favorites and I would love to know what’s your favorite pick! Here are few of the essentials that one could possibly find in my bathroom cabinet.
- The Body Shop Loofah (Mrp :Rs.225)
This is my must-have in my shower essentials. The loofah is quite useful and handy in exfoliating the skin gently and getting rid of the dead cells and all the dirt and grime.
I would recommend drying the loofah out in the sun post usage as you don’t want your loofah to be a breeding ground for bacteria and always buy a loofah every 3-4 months if possible.
- It is quite useful and helps in building up a good lather.
- The quality is really good
- Quite pricy for a loofah!
- Nivea Firangipani & Oil Shower Gel (Mrp: Rs.195, 200ml)
I love shower gels and shower creams from Nivea and I love any product that makes me smell good and leaves behind an amazing fragrance even in the bathroom.
Currently I am using this shower gel and I love the way it makes me feel refreshed and ready to start my day or even helps me unwind at the end of my hectic day.
- The best part about the shower gel is that it doesn’t dry the skin. Now this may vary as per the climatic conditions in places. In a place where the humidity is high, this holds true. Whereas in Bangalore, where it’s quite cold and dry, no matter what shower gel or shower cream/soap I use, I have to use a heavy duty moisturiser post shower to moisturise my skin.
- The product has an amazing fragrance that lingers on.
- Good price for the amount of product (amazing deals on Nykaa at times)
- I got a Free Loofah (this is awesome)
- Sturdy packaging with a flip-top
- Not travel Friendly (I have to tape it up! I had the Nivea shower crème earlier and that leaked)
- Dries the skin in places where the weather is dry and cold.
- Paris Amour Shea &Vitamin E Shower Gel by Bath & Body Works (88ml)
This was gifted to me and hence I am not sure of the price of the product.I have already used this product to the last drop and I absolutely love the fragrance of the shower gel. The fragrance isn’t overpowering, it is subtle and light and creates an aura of romance.
- The shower gel doesn’t dry the skin! It has shea and vitamin E which helps in keeping the skin moist and supple and healthy looking post a shower.
- It is travel size and comes with a flip that doesn’t leak the product.
- The bottle can be reused (you could pour your favourite shower gel into it and take it while you travel).
- Amazing fragrance
- Love the packaging
- It’s quite expensive out in India (you can check it on Amazon, Flipkart etc.) and if you have someone abroad, you could probably get some good deals there
- Cetaphil Moisturising Lotion (Mrp: Rs.650 approx for 250ml)
I love body lotions which have a fragrance. However I decided to give this a go, as I have heard a lot about the product being good for sensitive skin. I got this as a free product during Nykaa’s Skincare Sale last year (I got a lot of free stuff during that sale which actually saved me a lot J).
- It is one of the best body lotions for sensitive/dry skin
- It keeps the skin moist for really long
- It is fragrance-free
- It is non-comedogenic (which means it doesn’t cause blocked pores, thereby you won’t have issues of blackheads/whiteheads/pimples)
- It is non-greasy
- Has a flip-top and a sturdy packaging
- The packaging is quite simple and gives the feel of a medical product
- No fragrance
- Bio-Oil (Mrp: Rs.450 for 60ml)
It’s been around 3 months since I’m using this product. The product can be applied on scars/stretch marks/uneven skin tone/ aging skin/dehydrated skin.
I have been using this on my stretch marks and I apply this only at night, although it’s mentioned that it needs to be applied twice a day. It is supposed to improve the appearance of scars, stretch marks or uneven skin tone.
- The oil is non-greasy and doesn’t irritate the skin
- The visibility of the lighter stretch marks has reduced. Need to use the product for longer duration to know how effective it is on the remaining stretch marks (here, I am referring to pregnancy stretch marks)
- It has a mild and calming fragrance
- Travel friendly (I didn’t face any spillouts)
- Transparent bottle which can give you an idea of how much product is left.
- It doesn’t have a pump to pour out the product. So you need to be careful while squeezing the bottle as more product may spill out than what is required.
- It is expensive , but worth every dime.
- Nivea Whitening Sensitive Deodorant (Mrp:Rs.199 for 150ml)
As I mentioned I love to smell good after every shower, this deodorant managed to make its way into my essentials. Now, I bought this product as suddenly there was a hype about the product. This made me wonder if it really works!!! The deodorant contains licorice extract which improves the skin tone of your underarms. Now this completely depends on your skincare routine and also on how your underarms have been throughout. Some people have an even skin tone on the underarms no matter what their skincare regime is , and some people will have an uneven skin tone no matter how much care you take of it.
- I loved the fragrance which is mild and lasts me for a couple of hours at least
- I have been using this deodorant regularly and it has improved the skin tone of my underarms from what it was earlier (Just a little, but yes, there has been an improvement)
- It is good for sensitive skin, doesn’t irritate the skin
- It has 0% alcohol
- Love the packaging (A matte white bottle J )
- It is reasonably priced and they are available on discounts at Nykaa
- It leaves a white film on the skin, so be sure not to spray it out on your clothes
So yes!!! This brings me to the end of my shower essentials. This is just about the bath and body essentials. I also have the skincare essentials for my face which I have spoken about in my earlier blog. I shall share the link below so you can go check it out!
Time to sign out!!!
Take care and be sure to follow me here and leave comments if you like such blogs.