I first heard, in fact read the name of this restaurant on twitter and it really didn’t register in my mind. I am a twitter addict, all thanks to the contests held on these social media platforms and that’s how my eyes fell upon this restaurant.
Choosing a restaurant is a task when you have an 8 month old toddler. However, we decided to head to Onesta for our Sunday lunch. We were unable to get through the contact number to reserve a table, yet we took a chance and we were lucky indeed and got ourselves a table for three.
The restaurant is located on CMH Road, Indiranagar; the best way to locate this restaurant is go to People brand store located on the road and the rooftop in the same building is where the restaurant is situated. It is open throughout the week from 12:30pm – 10:30pm. The ambiance is pretty good and yea, all the sports lovers will not miss their sports show as well.
As you enter the place, on the left, you could let your eyes feast on a variety of desserts (a variety of tarts, mousses and éclairs!!!! The restaurant is known for its pizzas and I must say they have an awesome variety of pizzas in both the vegetarian and non vegetarian section. They also serve lasagna, short eats (fries/bruschetta), Starters (fish fingers/crispy chicken in barbeque sauce) ..And yeah! You could also give their breads a try-chocolate teddy buns, chocolate custard roll… they sound interesting and delicious. They serve a variety of cool and warm beverages as well to quench your thirst ( I personally prefer either a green apple cooler or a Cappuccino.. it’s a safe bet in any restaurant :p)
The restaurant has 2 options:
- Unlimited Food (Rs.350 – unlimited 6 inch pizzas unlimited desserts 1 mocktail – veg and Rs.450 approx for the non veg pizzas)
- A-La-carte Option ; and we opted for the latter as we two really couldn’t go in for the unlimited food option.
My take on the Restaurant:
- The Restaurant is quite clean and neat .
- The ambiance is quite pleasant with the restaurant being on the rooftop, lit up with lights in mason jars, wooden furniture and planters.
- Their concept of unlimited food is really good, and suits almost every individual: be it a student or a professional , as it gives us an opportunity to treat our tastebuds to a variety of pizzas and desserts!
- The pizzas are bite sized and worth the price!
- They have a lot of variety on the menu and decision making gets tough J
- Good service provided by the staff
- Sports lovers can get their share of sports here too!
- Valet parking is available
- Prices suit any pocket!
- And yes: A hand Sanitiser is available on every table -Thumbs Up Guys!
- Unable to get through the number to reserve a table
- Crowded at all times
- In desserts only the tarts are takeaways and since many of the desserts are in glasses, they have to be consumed at the restaurant itself.
My Take on the Food:
The restaurant is known for its pizzas and they can take quite some time to arrive and till then, one can take a few bites of the bread and garlic dip served. I loved the dip !
Our order consisted of the following items:
Potato Wedges (Rs.90)
Roast Chicken Pizza (Rs.139, 4pcs, thin crust)
Chicken Stuffed Crust Margherita Pizza (Rs.169, 4pcs)
Green Apple Cooler (Rs.120)
So our total bill came up to Rs.623, on inclusion of service tax and VAT.
I loved the potato wedges and the quantity was pretty good. They were well cooked and delicious. My toddler loved them too.
I loved both the pizzas but the Chicken Stuffed Crust Margherita was my favorite as the stuffing really was amazing and quite filling. The Roast Chicken Pizza barely had pieces of chicken on it and was not what i had expected.
The Green Apple cooler which is a mix of green apple essence, sprite and lime was refreshing, and we are not into fizz drinks, so this tall boy was enough for two of us.
Overall I loved the restaurant and the food and would love visiting it again and give the other items on the menu a try.The unlimited pizzas and desserts is really a good offer by the restaurant and draws most of the college crowd !
For updates you could follow them on:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/onesta.blr , or
visit their website: http://www.onesta-onesta.com/
You could also get more information on Onesta and have a quick look at their menu here : Zomato.com
Food (taste/presentation): 4.5/5
Reservations are recommended during the weekends!
Hope this was helpful!